Event & Venue Co-ordinator Wanted | Nelson Venues
Nelson Venues & Events (NVE) is the leading event services company in Nelson/Tasman.
We deliver amazing and creative events every day and live by our mantra of turning every event into an extraordinary experience.
NVE is currently seeking an Event & Venue Co-ordinator to join their vibrant and dynamic office team and be involved with the many varied events and activities produced by NVE.
This is a part-time permanent role, 20 hours per week (plus additional hours during events)
Our events include Marchfest and the NZ Ciderfestival and many other corporate functions. We also manage some of Nelson’s prestigious venues, such as Melrose House and Old St Johns.
About the role
- You will coordinate venues, suppliers, logistics, administration and more.
- Drafting operational documents for each event such as run sheets, rosters, presentations, risk assessments and MC notes
- Drafting and maintaining individual event budgets in line with approved event budget
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications team to develop event collateral and related timelines for communication
- On the event day, operational and logistical coordination including venue, volunteers, attendees, etc
Benefits and perks
- a fun work environment, our tight knit team celebrate birthdays and special occasions and think work/life balance is hugely important
- our sunny office is located in central city Nelson
- competitive pay rate
Skills and experience
What we are looking for?
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to work in a flexible, fun environment with a small team of passionate event professionals. We pride ourselves on delivering superior events for our clients.
You will require previous logistics (bump in/bump out) experience in an events environment and well-developed organisational, time management and communication skills.
You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and the flexibility to absorb pressure and ‘roll with the punches’ in a fast-paced environment as well as having a good understanding of workplace occupational health and safety requirement.
You will be willing to keep learning and grow professionally and enjoy being part of an amazing team – add value to this growing exciting organisation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organised
- Professional and friendly communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Passion for the events industry and a high level of customer service
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Previous admin/customer service/sales support experience
- A background in events, logistics or travel
- Must be versatile and able to work on the floor and/or office
- Must be flexible, may have to work some weekends or evenings dependant on events
- Computer literacy, drivers’ license and local Nelson/Tasman knowledge are essential.
Please send CV to email@example.com
Applications close 20 September 2019The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)